01 December 2010

Confessions of an American Soccer Fan: El Clasico

I am, by no means, an expert on European football. I do know a tad about the English Prem, but outside of that, I really have no experience dealing with other European leagues. I am much more concerned with the MLS as a whole then any other league. But, when the "derby of the world" (ESPN quote, not me) is on TV, I'm gonna tune in. I sat with the rest of the guys and watched Barca open up a train on Real Madrid. I literally had no allegiance to either team, but if I was going to watch the game I wanted one of two things: 1) a really good, close game played out till the end or 2) a "goalfest" by one team that I can easily start cheering for. Now, some of you might think that I'm being a classic American soccer fan and that might be true, but please don't think I'm a snob about that kind of thing. Besides, can you blame me? With no allegiance to either team (or even the league) I would like to think that most people would act the same way I did. But maybe I'm disillusioned.

I really intending on saying something productive, but I think Sam said everything in his post. I guess this is more of the confessions of an American soccer fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Networks

Hi reader! If you enjoy reading stuff on Crest First, please share the love! Use the links on the right to "like" us on Facebook and to follow us on Twitter! Don't forget to tell your friends!