09 December 2010

NCAA College Cup 2010

I'm not going to lie to you. The 2009 College Cup was three hours away from me last year and I didn't even know it. This year its on the other side of the country and I'm pretty pumped to watch! Why the sudden change? Well, not only has my interest in the sport increased in the past year, but I know realize that a lot of the players in the College Cup will go on to be a part of the MLS Superdraft a month from now. So, starting tomorrow, I'll be watching these four teams in NCAA Division I play it out for a national championship: University of Louisville, University of Akron, University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, and University of Michigan. In fact, nine players that have been invited to the MLS Combine in preparation for the Superdraft come January.

Interested in seeing the whole list of players invited to the Combine? Click here to see the list.

ESPN also has a deal with the NCAA to televise the College Cup. Here's the TV schedule for the event:

2010 NCAA Men's College Cup Broadcast Schedule 
Friday, Dec. 10 at 5:30 pm - Semifinal I: Live on ESPNU
Friday, Dec. 10 at 8 pm - Semifinal 2: Live on ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN3.com
Sunday, Dec. 12 at 11 am - Semifinal 1: Tape Delay on ESPN2
Sunday, Dec. 12 at 1 pm - National Championship: Live on ESPN2 and ESPN3.com



This is the future of the MLS right here! Homegrown, American players. Who knows? Some of these guys might be on the field for the next couple World Cups representing their country! So tune in and support the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Networks

Hi reader! If you enjoy reading stuff on Crest First, please share the love! Use the links on the right to "like" us on Facebook and to follow us on Twitter! Don't forget to tell your friends!